Like many I’m scratching my head say WTH just happened?
I’m pinching myself to wake up from this episode of Twilight Zone.
And I’m acutely aware of the ramifications of the rapid changes we are experiencing on a global level and like so many times when faced with sudden unexpected crisis, that still small voice beckons me to KEEP IT REAL but I MUST LISTEN.
Here is where the JUST FOR TODAY part of the precepts I live by pops in. You see we’ve only ever had today, realistically each moment is a gift and who you choose to spend it with is precious so choosing wisely, reformatting your inner dialogue to one that is selective and purposeful is key to living a more authentic life anyway. Now more than ever we need to be practicing this level of patience and prioritizing and letting go of all that does not serve the higher good. Fear mongering must be laid to rest. Battling the unseen only makes it more difficult to go through so JUST FOR TODAY surrender to the fact that our experience has changed.
Years ago when I was walking through my cancer experience I personally learned that I was not as powerful as I thought I’d made myself to be. I could not see the cancer, didn’t feel it in my being, hated that it affected me and everyone around me, and I was mentally, emotionally, physically brought to my knees. That said I choose to surrender and vowed to put my faith in the fact that there is a higher power greater than myself and that would bring me through this experience to a new norm. And it did. My family grew tighter, my ability to recognize and desire to entertain BS became nil and my passion to be of service grew exponentially. I decided to make my experiences my life’s work and though I have not experienced “it all” I’ve come to accept that without a doubt that there is something beyond the pain and suffering. I learned I am not alone and a faith in the unseen and benevolent energy/force/God I found a path to forge ahead, prioritized, purpose-filled and practicing what I preach. You see FAITH or Full Assurance in the Heart is a conviction to something that is not swayed, bigger than the self and definitely a spiritual awakening of sorts. It is bound to no and yet all life affirming paths and knows not difference nor cares which path you take to get there, just arrive and once you do there is no turning back.
I will preface, this is not with any negativity, I say, “we are powerless” however “we are power-filled in that we do have choice.” Each day, each hour, each moment we have choice. We can choose to participate in fear, fighting, frenetic inner dialogue that serves nothing and no one, or we can choose to prioritize, become purpose-filled, and practice positivity in all our affairs.
How to do this:
- Clear space (mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually. Light a candle, gaze at nature, go for a walk, do some yoga, knit, read inspirational materials, watch a funny move, watch people fishing, watch nature and wildlife. Whatever’s your jam, DO IT!
- Prioritize or set a goal for the next ten minutes, then 60 minutes, then couple of hours, the day. ONLY ONE DAY AT A TIME!
- Decide to be grateful. Let go of all the unwanted pent up anger, resentment, expectations, disappointments and fill up with Gratitude. Even if at first you can only mention one thing at a time. Keep a journal and fill it with observations, recollections, and dreams of gratitude for that which is to come. NEVER GIVE UP!
- BE kind to yourself and every living thing. Maybe for now you bunker down and just be at peace with resting, rejuvenating your physical body, noticing how you unwind into the change of pace. Lay on the floor, grass, bed and notice. When was the last time you consciously felt the soles of your feet, the fabric of your clothes against your skin, the rain on your face, the breeze through your hair. BE. Perhaps for the first time in forever we are globally being gifted this opportunity to connect or reconnects with SELF.
- Practices random acts of kindness. In giving we receive. Do service even from your home. Send notes, like actually paper to pen. Make calls. Be available to LIFT. We only rise when we LIFT OTHERS.
I wish you all from the depths of my being wellness and many tomorrows!